Saturday, November 3, 2007

Making a list and checking it twice....

I have become the list queen! I've got lists going for everything - from what we need to do before we travel, Christmas presents still to buy, what needs to be done to the house while we're away, bills to pay while we're away, what to do during down-time while in UA, and on and on...

Mike and I took a vacation day on Friday and we knocked off a bunch of the "to do before we travel" items. We got our updated documents apostiled in Denver (we shouldn't need these but many of our documents are close to expiring - including our fingerprints for the I-171), dropped off Mike's homework at the adoption homestudy agency, bought a mattress for Boris, bought some clothes for the trip and got new tires put on Dad's red truck. It was a very long but very productive day!

This morning we're off to the bank to order the money and hopefully finish up some more items on the list.

I also updated the look of the blog. I love the sunflower and the blue sky...which echos the colors of the Ukrainian flag (the top stripe of blue represents the blue sky and I think the yellow on the flag is supposed to represent fields of wheat - but I've also heard fields of sunflowers).

7 comments:

Paige Kite said...

I love the sunflowers. :-) WOW only 19 days!?!

Nataliya said...

It's so cool how all of us are making lists and trying to check the things off! It's getting closer, isn't it?

Tami said...

I love the sunflowers! Living in the sunflower state I've already started a blog for when we come back with our little one called Sunflower Seeds (We'll be closing up Finding Maddie). Did you find this one or make it yourself. And if you made it yourself, I am highly impressed! :)
We're getting closssseeerrr!

Mike & Tara said...

Hi Tami - wish I could say I made it myself - but I didn't. I got the sunflower layout from pyzam.com. I love sunflowers too - they are so cheery!

I can't believe it's only 18 days now.....!!

C Speh said...

I was scanning the Internet for anyone with SDA appointments in November to see how they are currently going and who has appointments near us. We have an appointment two days later on the 29th of November, but plan to be in Kiev on the 27th. We are actually in Ukraine right now learning the language a bit.

I do know one couple that had an appointment the end of October received two referrals and the process is moving right on schedule. Of course I've been told our schedule may be a mess due to the holidays.

Feel free to email me. It might be nice to meet up and compare notes as to the timelines we have been told.
Thanks and good luck! Speh98@comcast.net

Christina

adoptedthree said...

The fields are beautiful in Ukraine the soil is so rich and vibrant. I love the sunflower themes!

Ken and Joy said...

knocking things off the "to-do" list just makes thing feel so good! There's nothing better than feeling prepared! My husband and I leave for Ukraine on Monday, but will be following your blog! Hopefully we will see you over there!

Joy Rae
www.kjrae.blogspot.com