When I'm stressed I cannot sleep... I've been waking up at 2:30 each morning - it's like I've got an internal panic clock. This morning I got up at 3am and I got a lot done. Christmas cards are done, Christmas presents and Mike's birthday presents are all wrapped, Boris' room is actually starting to look like a kids room, and I got a little bit organized. It was a big relief as I've lost two personal days as an 'emergency' project came up at work. What else would a soon-to-be Mom (who is leaving the country for up to six weeks) need to do the weekend before we leave?!? So, I've dropped all my scheduled plans so I can accommodate work. Hopefully part one of the project will go smoothly on Sunday and part two Monday night will also go well. Honestly, my brain is so stressed out I'm hoping I'll be able to remember how to log in tomorrow morning. Obviously they don't know my current state of mind!
Today we went into town and went to Simply Homemade Dinners. It's a really neat place where you assemble meals with fresh ingredients and then you put the meal (uncooked) in the freezer. We've now got a week's worth of meals in the freezer for when we get home.
Our neighbor is going to paint Boris' room a light blue this week. I'm so excited as I didn't think he was going to have time to paint but he's really coming through for us. We bought the cutest airplane lamp at Lowe's today. His room has an aviation theme and when we get home we'll put up a shelf with all of Dad's airplane models.
I'm going to try a Tylenol PM tonight. Hopefully I can sleep for more than 3 hours. I told my Aunt Pat that maybe I'll not get more than 3 hours until Boris is 18 years old! :o)
6 comments:
Can you believe we are this close?!! I have about a week more than you, but I'm about to lose my mind with all the stuff I have left to do.
This morning my Sunday School class asked how much longer before we leave and when I mentioned that I only had one Sunday left it made it a reality. In 13 days we will be on our way to Ukraine.
I can't wait to follow your journey...and who knows, maybe we'll meet up in Ukraine.
I hope the Tylenol PM works. I know what you mean about the sleepless nights, though. I find myself waking up lately and once I do, my mind starts racing with a million things that I've got to get done.
I'm excited to follow your journey as you head to Ukraine!
Tami - I hope we do get to meet in UA! I need to check to see if you have an email address so we can send you our phone number when we buy a cell over there.
Hi Kathy - the Tylenol PM did the trick! It was my first time taking it and it took a while to kick in but when it did it sure helped! I woke up a bunch of times but went straight back to sleep (I'm like you and as soon as I wake up my mind goes to work making lists).
I need to find out more about Simply Homemade dinners. What a neat idea.
MIKE/TARA: BEEN KEEPING UP BUT SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HEALTH ISSUES. MAYBE THINGS WILL TURN OUT BETTER THAN IT SEEMS NOW. QUITE AN ADVENTURE AND I AM THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOU.
BARB
Post a Comment