Monday, June 30, 2008

Clots are Gone!

Mike's ultrasound on Friday revealed very good news - the huge clot in his leg has dissolved! Mike spoke with the Doctor today and she was pleased with his progress. He will continue the blood thinners for at least two more months and then he will go back to see about further tests. But, as we've read, he will need to be continually aware that he has had DVT and could possibly get it again. Mike and I are both convinced it came from the nerve block after his surgery as his leg was completely numb for 36 hours (he could not even wiggle his toes).

2 comments:

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Wonderful news!!! And how are you feeling? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi to all:

I know you all must be having a great time. It is so wonderful Nicholas is getting to meet his cousins. I am sure the week will go by fast. We can't wait to see some pictures of them together. Hope you had a nice 4th!

Bye and love from Gammy and me.

Dianne