Saturday, May 2, 2009

6 Months

I'm a few days late making this post....but my baby is now 6 months old! I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. She is such a wonderful and happy baby. She's been sleeping through the night for about 2 months now. I've been afraid to post that news as I thought I might jinx it! :o) She's discovered her toes and loves playing with them any chance she gets. In addition to her toes - she's advanced to eating green beans, peas, and carrots. It took a few times - but she finally seems to like the green beans (I was afraid she'd inherited Mike's genes on that one - Mike hates green beans).


On Emma's half year birthday we had a special treat - our first hummingbird of the season. Hummingbirds have a very special meaning for me. The spring before my Mom passed away she was fretting because she could not get any hummingbirds at their house in Richmond, VA. Mom had put out countless feeders, planted red flowers and was doing everything she could to attract the tiny birds. Mom then passed away. When Dad got home the feeders were buzzing with hummingbirds. He told me that Mom had sent them. So - every year I say a little thanks to Mom for sending the hummingbirds again.

Here's a photo that Mike took a couple years ago. Every year he spends hours trying to capture the quick little birds in a photo.


Happy Half-Birthday little Emma and thanks for sending the hummingbirds, Mom!

2 comments:

Joann said...

What a beautiful reminder of your mom.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! Nicholas is so handsome also. Tara it made me cry when I read your message. I did not remember that Wanda liked hummingbirds. We often talk about how much we miss Wanda and Danny. We will all be together one day. What a glorious day that will be.

Our love to your beautiful family!

Dianne and Gammy