Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mysterious Ways

Many months ago, when we first started working with our social worker to have our homestudy written for our adoption, we decided we'd like to adopt two children. That was put in our homestudy and not that long after - we traveled to Ukraine. Our appointment at the SDA in Ukraine did not go quite as we expected - we were shown files for single children - only one brother/sister file was presented to us. We were disappointed - but as you know - accepted the referral to see a boy who became our son, Nicholas.

Well - there was another plan for our family which was not revealed to us until we got back to the USA! You've probably already guessed - I'm pregnant!! :o) I just started my second trimester. My most recent doctor appointment was Friday and the doctor used a sonogram to listen to the baby's heart beat. It took a while to find the baby as she kept hearing my heart - but she found it and the baby's heart was beating strong!

We told Nicholas about the baby two months ago. I had morning sickness so bad and he was so concerned why I kept vomiting... And I was reading a book on pregnancy and it recommended telling older children before telling other friends or family. So, we sat him down and told him. He was so excited!! He's still a little fuzzy on why the baby will not be here until Nov. 3. :o)

I've changed the title of this blog from Our Adoption to Our Family - because we've finished the adoption part and we are now a family!

11 comments:

Paige Kite said...

Woohoo!! I just LOVE that sound of the baby's heartbeat. There is NOTHING like it while pregnant. You will never tire of hearing it at your appointments. Congrats!!!! I recommend your taking a recording device to capture that wonderful sound. It might help make the pregnancy more "real" to Nicholas too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just to say congratulations from the "Hawkins" family. I'm sure you are all very excited by this wonderful news. We can't wait to see you all again, if you don't make it over to the U.K in the next year we will have to try to get to the States. We hope your pregnancy goes very well and at the end of it you have a wonderful & healthy baby.
Love Sharon, Richard, Daniel & George xxxx

Tina in CT said...

I just clicked on your comment and went to your site. Congrats on your son Nicholas and the baby coming in November. Two miracles for your you and your husband.

Nataliya said...

What a wonderful news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi to all:

We are all so happy for your family and ours too. I guess it is hard for Nicholas to understand Nov. 3rd. We are so excited and will be glad when you are over your sick feeling. That is great they heard the heartbeat. I bet Nicholas will be so glad to have a little brother or sister!

Love to you all and will talk to you soon.

Our love,

Gammy and Dianne

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Congratulations to your family - wonderful news!!!

Kathy and Matt said...

Congratulations!
It is so amazing to see how God's plans work out!

What fun for Nicholas to become a big brother!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Mike, Tara, and Nicholas, I am thrilled for you all! Congratulations! Hope you're feeling better now, Tara. And I like the blog name change to Our Family. :-)

adoptedthree said...

How awesome!
God gave you a son from Ukraine first and now a baby to join him~

Congrads!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congratulations! Some how I missed this post! I love it when God has the last laugh...I can recommend some good "birds and bees" books for Nicholas to help him understand...LOL!

junglemama said...

This is awesome news! Congrats!