Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another one gone...

Another tooth bites the dust.. Nicholas has had a tough few days. He had a bad tooth ache and the next morning woke with a swollen cheek. It wasn't just swollen - it was like he was holding a full-sized balloon in his mouth. We got him in to see the doctor who thought it was an abscess which had allowed infection to go into the sinus cavity. He put Nicholas on an antibiotic and told us to get him to the dentist.

This morning I took Nicholas down to Children's Hospital and we were on the emergency wait list for a couple hours. We were called back and the dentist took one look and said the tooth should come out. Goodness - the shock didn't even set in before she had the laughing gas on him and the tooth was extracted! Nicholas handled it like a champ. The dentist thinks that the rot had started into the root and the dentist who added the crown did not see it.

On the way home Nicholas was already feeling better but I was still in shock! Then the thought that we're still making payments on the crown of the now extracted tooth set in...

I kept Nicholas out of school for the rest of the day. He wasn't doing much at school anyway as this is their last week and their final days have consisted of movie days and field days.

Mike went to the internal medicine doctor and he will have an ultrasound mid-June to see how the blood clot is breaking up.

I heard from my doctor about my blood work and all is looking fine! I've got a sonogram photo of Baby Bump to post once I sit down and scan it in.

Love to all...

1 comment:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Okay, my Gollum pain is nothing like that poor boy's mouth! Prayers,Hugs and Vicodin being 'thought' your way!