Monday, May 19, 2008

First Jam Session

On Saturday we went to a surprise birthday party for our neighbor Rob. Nicholas was very excited about hiding on the stairs and jumping out to yell "happy birthday".

Rob is a mechanic by trade but a musician at heart. He and his buddies played the better part of the day and we had a great time sitting on the deck listening to them play and sing. We knew Rob's brother, Rein, played harmonica so we had Nicholas bring his to get some tips. Nicholas joined in on a few songs and got a kick out of jamming with the big boys! :o)

We've got the best neighbors we could ever imagine. I've heard that a good neighbor is hard to find - but somehow we lucked-out and managed to find a street full of 'em.

On Sunday Nicholas' best friend, John, came over for a play date. They played for a few hours and were both crushed when John's Mom arrived to take him to baseball practice. We will certainly have to schedule more regular play times for the boys.

Mike has an appointment next week at the internal medicine doctor. We are hoping she'll order a CAT scan or something so we can determine if the clots have broken up yet. We're also hoping to find out how long Mike will need to be on blood thinners.

I've got another sonogram this Friday. Hopefully all continues to go well with Baby Bump.

Love to all...

2 comments:

Paige Kite said...

I hope you can post sonogram pix! Good luck!! Hmmm I think it should look like a little teddy graham by about now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi to all:

It sounds like things are really looking up for all of you. Tara we can't wait for them to be able to determine the sex of the baby. Nicholas is just fitting in with everything. He is such a happy little guy and that is good that he takes part in so many things. I would love to hear him play the harmonica.

Yes we will be anxious to hear how Mike is doing with the blood clots, etc.

It is hard to believe Summer is creeping up on us. I know you are looking forward to Scott, Cathy and the girls visit. Nicholas will get to know some more of the family.

Take care and I will be going to Gammy's this weekend and will stay for several days with her. I was in PA with Dolores and Luther and got to see Susan, Donna and the boys. It was good to get away to a different enviromnet for a few days.

All of you take care and let us know when you hear any news about anything. My prayers are with all of you and Mike's parents too.

Our love,

Dianne & Gammy