Sunday, December 2, 2007

Gift from God

Sorry it's been so long - we've not been able to get reliable internet access. So this will be short as I'm typing this on Mike's Blackberry and the keyboard is too tiny for the long post that we want to make!

We have decided to adopt the 8 year old boy!! I think as soon as you meet him you will understand - he is so sweet. We had Dr Yuri in on Friday and he was given a clean bill of health and at least average IQ rating. We are very excited and will post more as soon as we can find a reliable internet connection.

Love to all and thanks for the good wishes and support. Our key contacts back in the USA and UK have more info if you want to contact them.

7 comments:

Kathy and Matt said...

God's plans are so good! I am so delighted to hear your news. I've been checking your post every day to see if you had the chance to meet him and how it went. It's great that you were able to have Dr. Yuri provide an evaluation as well.
Congrats on this monumental step!

I will continue to pray for your adoption proceedings and hope that your time with your son is a great chance to bond.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Darrell and I are so happy for you! You'll be in our thoughts for a safe flight home with your little boy!! ~Andi and Darrell Short

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara and Mike:

You have no idea how happy we are to hear the news. Congratulations and we cannot wait to meet him or see a picture. Mama and I are so happy. I know you must be the 2 happiest people right now. Can't wait to hear about everything and I announced in church for prayers for you both in the adoption. The members knew what was talking place as I requested prayer request for you about 3 weeks ago.

We love you and your new member of our family.

You must be on cloud 9 to say the least.

Love to the 3 of you.

Gammy and Dianne

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! We've been anxiously awaiting your news. So happy for all of you. Hope the rest of the process goes quickly.

Safe journeys,
Wendy & John

Debora Hoffmann said...

Hooray! Congratulations. I'm so excited for you and your new son! I'm eager to hear more when you have Internet access beyond a BlackBerry keyboard. :-)

Paige Kite said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! God is so good! All the time!! I'm so happy for you 2. Sending {{{{HUGE virtual HUGS}}}}.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, just worked out how to leave a message so there's no stopping me now.

Sorry to have missed you on your fleating visit to the UK it would have been good to catch up.

I'm really glad things are going well for you out there. Wow, an eight year old boy. He could be the next Andriy Shevchenko i.e. Ukraines version of David Beckham.

We do not really need an excuse but I guess this calls for a few beers and a curry by way of celebration.

Take care and looking forward to the next instalment.

Richard and family