Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Teeth - coming and going!

We've had some beautiful weather - the sky was so wonderful we just had to take Emma outside for some photos. I'm certain Emma is going to be an outdoor girl. Whenever she gets upset all I have to do is walk her to a window or take her outside. She's instantly happy again!


Nicholas' last day of school was May 30. We joined him for the last day picnic lunch.

I'm afraid a thunderstorm moved in and we didn't get to spend much time outside - but moving inside allowed us to get some nice group photos of Nicholas and his friends. Here he is with his teacher.

I cannot believe the school year is over already. It seems like just yesterday we were out shopping for school supplies! Nicholas' teacher was really impressed with the progress he has made this year - both academically as well as socially.

We've had Nicholas in therapy and I think it really is helping. We've had quite a lot to deal with over the past few months. We did a bio family search and we recieved a very detailed report about Nicholas' bio family as well as photos of Nicholas as a baby and his bio Mom and Dad. We also broke the news to Nicholas that his bio Mom passed away. She died in 2007 and we assumed he already knew. But after the search he started asking questions that made us realize he didn't know (or had blanked it out). So - we sat down and told him. It was so hard and we all cried with him. Even Emma woke to see us crying and she started crying too. It really impressed Nicholas that Emma cared about his bio Mom and I think he really bonded with her that day. At church this past Sunday Pastor Vera said a special prayer for his bio Mom.

Nicholas has quite the busy June. The first week he was in soccer day camp. He learned a lot and we're hoping maybe we can start him on a team at some point. I just think we need to stop another activity before commiting to a new sport. He is starting to complain about going to Taekwondo and we're wondering if he will want to continue that much longer...

This week he is in softball day camp. When I signed him up for the camp I looked hard to see if it was co-ed and I couldn't find anything. Well - Mike took him this morning and sure enough - he's the only boy. At first he was a little embarrased but then seemed to eat it up so I think he'll be fine for the week. He came running in the house jabbering away about all he learned so I think it will still benefit him!

Next week he is in theatre day camp. I'm certain he will grow up to either be a stand-up comedian or an actor so I thought it might be best to hone his skills early! :o) He's really looking forward to this one. I had hoped there would be more weeks of this but there is only one camp for his grade level.

There have been quite a few events in the past two weeks. Nicholas lost another tooth. Not one with a crown this time - but he's still very excited!

And Emma had her first tooth come in! Here's an extreme close-up of the little thing. It is unbelievably sharp!


One Saturday I went out scrapbooking and Mike and Nicholas fed Emma that night. Mike had to take photos to show me what a great time they all had!! :o) You can see by Emma's smile she loved getting dirty!


I forgot to post that Emma rolled over! It happened May 9 and I'm afraid no one actually saw it... I had her on the changing table and she decided to surprise me with a splash when her diaper was off. I got her cleaned up and then put her on our bed. I turned around for just one minute to change the cover on the changing table and when I turned back around she was on her tummy! Way to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all:

ll the pictures are so good. Emma is really growing. We cannot wait to see them. The pictures are so much fun to look at so several times a day I come in here and see if there are any new ones. If not I go back and look at the last sent. Soon we will get to see them and we cannot wait. We are counting the days.

Our love to all,

Dianne and Gammy

ArtworkByRuth said...

Fabulous photos! So sorry to hear about Nicholas's mother. Sounds like you are handling things well now! Thanks for keeping up the blog!