On Friday we received our medicals back from the Secretary of State with the apostille. We're still waiting on the apostiles for our marriage license and the letters from our employers. Hopefully they will all come this week so we can FedEx everything to our translator.
Scott asked about the apostiles. Basically they are a way of notarizing the notary! Every document that we have in the dossier has to be notarized. Then we send the document to the Secretary of State for whichever state the document was notarized in. The Secretary of State's Office looks up the notary and verifies the notary is valid and then places another piece of paper with the state seal with the original document. This is done for documents sent to other countries as a way of authenticating the document and I think this is in one of the Hague protocols.
This past weekend we finished painting Boris' bathroom. We're really happy with how it turned out. The walls are painted aqua blue and I got some new towels that are white with adorable happy fish on them. Mike installed a new bathroom light fixture and we are going to put a wood frame around the mirror. Hopefully I'll post a picture later this week.
I'm flying off to Virginia for work in about an hour. I'm just eating a quick lunch before I leave. I won't be posting anything until I get back to Colorado.
1 comment:
Post a Comment