Thursday, December 17, 2009

Let's Go Caps!

I've been a fan of the Washington Capitals hockey team for years. After we adopted Nicholas our friends Rob and Denise (and fellow Caps fans!) sent Nicholas a Caps jersey with Alexander Ovechkin's number on it. At the time Nicholas didn't speak much English so in our very limited Russian we pointed to the jersey and said "Ruskie" and let Nicholas watch a Caps game on TV. Nicholas was THRILLED! Since that day Nicholas has been fascinated with Ovechkin. So - this year we went to see them play against the Colorado Avalanche!

Our friends watched Emma for the evening and we drove down to Pepsi Center early enough to see the warm-ups. I took Nicholas down to the glass and Nicholas was screaming "I see Ovechkin!!" over and over! :o)

The horn blew and the Caps were leaving the ice to prepare for the game - then a Caps player flicked a puck over the glass and I caught it! I gave it to Nicholas and he was so excited (and I was too!).

We had a fantastic time at the game and the Caps won 6 to 1.

Mike caught a t-shirt that came parachuting down from the ceiling of the Pepsi Center!


Last weekend Nicholas had another Taekwondo competition. This one was different and the poomse events were broken into teams. Mike and I thought this was a great idea as Nicholas isn't in any team sports right now and he does need to learn about being a good team player. Nicholas' team got first place team poomse and he got first place for basics. Here's a photo of him getting one of his medals.

Love to all...

No comments: