Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School !

Monday was Nicholas' first day back to school! He was beyond excited! Although I'm not sure if it was the actual going-to-school part or the I-get-to-finally-wear-my-new-shoes part! :o) We did get him some way cool sneakers - they look like a police car and have "headlights" and the red, white, and blue siren lights - which all light up when he takes a step. Here he is with his 3rd grade teacher at the opening ceremony:


And here he is walking the red carpet into school. The theme this year was Happy Birthday - Nicholas' school is 20 years old.

We're really happy with the teacher - she has a positive attitude and she told us she specifically requested Nicholas. Nicholas is equally excited with her!
Here's Emma chomping at the bit - wanting to start school! :o)

Emma loves peas...

...and what goes better with peas - than a nice big helping of THUMB!

Emma is so close to beginning to crawl. She holds herself up on her hands but she just can't get her legs going forward. Right now she's pushing herself backwards. I think she'll be crawling in the next couple weeks...High Five, Emma!

And here is how we started the morning of the first day of school - with an uninvited visitor... He helped himself to a nice breakfast (corn cobs)

Mike scared the bear off - and it looked like the bear was trying to hide from Mike behind this tiny aspen tree....we see you Mr. Bear! :o)

The trash truck arrived just a couple minutes later and the bear ran off. What a way to start the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all:

Great pictures and it looks like Nicholas is ready for school, I like his shoes and Emma is growing and getting more and more precious and I think Nicholas is getting more and more handsome. The teacher for Nicholas looks real nice and I am sure he is looking forward to another wonderful year.

Our love to all,

Gammy and Dianne

Noraina said...

i love to see emma..she is so cute..wish i have one soon..