Sunday, September 21, 2008

102

Friday Nicholas came home his normal happy self. But by Friday night - he was bundled up on the sofa and looking a bit grumpy. We took his temperature and were shocked - 102 degrees. We got him some Tylenol and OJ and sent him to bed.

Saturday he was still hot - 99 - but a bit more energetic. Then the temperature came back and Sunday morning he was back up at 102 and said his throat was so sore. We called the Dr. and were afraid it was strep. One neighbor is a nurse and she had just told Mike yesterday that strep was going around.

He had his first throat culture and thankfully it came back negative. Dr. thinks it's just a cold so we just have to wait it out.

It's really hard seeing him so grumpy. He is such a happy little boy it's quite a shock to see him sitting on the couch with a sad/grumpy expression. It's just something we're not used to seeing!

Saturday was our Childbirth Preparation class. I had to go on my own so Mike could stay home with Nicholas. Our neighbor was orignally going to watch him all day - but we didn't want our neighbor's daughter catching his cold. The class was good - a bit scary - but good! :o) The nurse teaching the class was quite animated and seemed to enjoy demonstrating contraction pains! :o) She took us on a tour of the hospital - but we need to go back so Mike can see the tour. I have a feeling I'm going to have other things on my mind and will forget to tell him where the ice chip machine is and the bathrooms and cafeteria are located! :o)

4 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Poor boy...Where is your special tea pot? HMMM?
Yeah, we took the classes the first time. The second time we didn't because the first didn't really help. I was a wimp and took the epidural the first chance I got...both times! :)

Tami said...

Poor sweetie. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

I hope he's feeling better now - poor little guy!

Anonymous said...

Hi to All:

It was so good to talk to you Tara and Nicholas. Glad to hear he is feeling better. I love to talk to him. He is his really happy self again. Tara good to talk to you and the time is getting shorter. Take care and will be in touch soon.

Our love,

Dianne and Gammy