Yesterday Nicholas got a kick out of helping Mike shovel the snow off the deck and then going sledding. I imagine the love of shoveling won't last more than this season...but we'll take the help while we can get it so freely! :o)
Nicholas has picked up a number of English words lately - the funny thing is that the majority of them are commands for Rosie - "Rosie, Come", "Rosie, Sit", "Rosie, Shake", "Rosie, Down", "Rosie, Up"...! :o) Thankfully Rosie is very patient and responds to his commands - at least for the first 10 or so...then she loses interest.
We watched TV last night - the Pixar Movie shorts. I love the "Boundin'" short movie.
Nicholas talked to a bunch of family members yesterday and met many of our friends and neighbors. He loves talking on the phone!
This morning we got up early for Nicholas' dental appointment. We were at The Fort on 285 when his motion sickness kicked in full force. Thankfully I was in the back seat with a plastic bag and was able to catch all the blue yogurt smoothly he had for breakfast... I think the common factor for his motion sickness is that he should not eat anything for about an hour before getting in the car.
We made it to the dentist and Nicholas was a trooper. He hoped right into the chair and the assistant took x-rays and cleaned his teeth. She said it didn't look good and when the dentist came in we got the bad news. He's got 6 very bad cavities. Two of the teeth have a lot of rot (which we had seen and why we pushed for a quick appointment). The dentist said the most painless option and the option with the least amount of stress would be to make an appointment at Children's Hospital. When we get the dental appointment they will pull all 6 baby teeth and put in spacers. The Dentist said the big teeth are so close to breaking through that this is the best way.
I called today to make the appointment with Children's Adoption Clinic for his check-up and we are scheduled for Valentine's Day. I need to call on Monday for the Children's Dental Clinic appointment.
Rest in peace Poppa...we miss and love you.
The older I get
The more I can see
How much he loved my mother and my brother and me
And he did the best that he could
And I only hope when I have my own family
That everyday I see
A little more of my father in me
- Keith Urban "Song for Dad"
2 comments:
Hi Tara, Mike and Nicholas:
I really enjoyed my conversation with Nicholas last night. that is something I will remember forever.
Tara we have been sad today also. I loved the poem you sent. That is so special and you do already have a lot of your Dad in you. Now you have a son which you can pass this on to.
We love you all and love to get your messages. Ã…nytime Nicholas wants to talk give me a call. You will never know what that call meant to me last night. I will always keep that close to my heart.
I went to sleep last night thinking of Nicholas, Mike and you. I woke up this morning thinking the same thing.
Love from Gammy and me.
I hope the motion sickness gets better with time. Though our girls needed tons of dental work, nothing had to be pulled. Hope Nicolas does well on that visit.
Post a Comment