Sunday, July 29, 2007

Doing the Paperwork Shuffle

We've had a visit with our social worker to update our Homestudy. Our homestudy and I-171 expire late August so we've started the paperwork to get all of that renewed. We're still hoping that our dossier will be submitted before these expire. But in case we don't get submitted we need to have the paperwork done.

Mike spoke with our translator, Vlad. Vlad is hoping to get our dossier submitted in the next few weeks.... hopefully it will happen!

We got new furniture for Boris' bedroom - it's really quite nice! Too bad the furniture didn't arrive earlier as my friend Sharon and her family were here - and were staying in bare bedrooms! They just need to come back..soon!

We're off to VA to get Dad's pickup truck. Dad left me his F-150 and we'll be driving from VA to CO. We plan to stop off at the St. Louis arch - and we're looking at other sites to stop at along the way (we'll be on I64 to St. Louis and then on I70 to Denver). Let us know if there are any other must see sites along the route. Originally we had a list of sites a mile long and I thought of that classic "I Love Lucy" episode when they drove across country and wanted to see every site in the US. Check the Travel Pig site - we'll try to get the adventure posted to the site! http://www.travelpig.co.uk/track2.php?pig=5.

2 comments:

Tami said...

We live in Kansas (north of I-70)...we've traveled that highway what seems like a million times!
The Eisenhower (sp?) Presidential Library is located in Abilene(?) which is on I-70. It's pretty neat.
You'll drive right past Royals and Arrowhead Stadiums.
If you're NASCAR fans there's the Kansas Speedway just north of I-70 a mile or so in Kansas City, KS.
You'll go through Topeka, the capital of Kansas. The capital building is beautiful and still open daily to the general public.
There's a Russell Stover's plant just outside of Junction City, KS, but I'm not sure if they offer tours or not.
Hmmm...this list is starting to look a bit like Lucy's movie! :)

Paige Kite said...

St. Louis is so pretty. You'll enjoy the Arch. :) It's pretty neat. See you all soon!!